Zayed National Museum: Opening Soon
Situated in the heart of the Saadiyat Island Cultural District in Abu Dhabi, Zayed National Museum is designed as a memorial to the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, founding father and first president of the UAE. The museum aims to celebrate his life and work while taking visitors through the history, culture, and socio-economic transformation of the Emirates. Here are some of the highlights of what you can expect at the Zayed National Museum:
- Galleries displaying the best of national collections alongside loans from world-famous museums.
- Sheikh Zayed: Life and Times gallery, which follows the Sheikh's journey during the unification of the UAE.
- The Falconry and Conservation Gallery celebrates Sheikh Zayed’s passion for falconry.
- Explore the natural resources of the UAE, its cultivation, and trade at the ‘Land and Water Gallery’.
- The ‘People and Heritage Gallery’ showcases the traditional values of the UAE, which reflect its political and cultural life today.
- Charter the course of human settlement in the area through archeological evidence and historical records at the ‘History and Society Gallery’.
- The ‘Science and Learning Gallery’ will focus on Sheikh Zayed’s passion for education, the various Arabic disciplines of language, literature, navigation, and medicine, and the influence they have had on the world.
- The ‘Faith and Islam Gallery’ sheds light on the role of faith in Sheikh Zayed’s life.
- Marvel at the architectural design and the exteriors that resemble the wings of a falcon.
- Enjoy additional facilities such as a theatre, a large auditorium, shops, café, VIP areas, conference rooms, a library, and a fine-dining restaurant.
Zayed National Museum tickets will be available for purchase soon.